Advice & Information
Patients who require agreed, regular medication will be able to reorder their medication via the following methods:
- Calling in to the practice
- Via EMIS online access
- Repeat dispensing service via your nominated pharmacy
If you request a new medication to be issued, a member of our team will contact you for further details to ensure safe prescribing. If you have not had a medication issued for over 3 months, you may require a clinical review before this can be issued.
Please note that 48hours (2 working days) notice is required prior to prescription pick up to allow clinicians time to check your prescription.
Electronic Prescribing (EPS) patients should speak to a receptionist or their pharmacy of choice to nominate which pharmacy their EPS should be sent.
Repeat Dispensing is a service from your pharmacy. If you are stable on your medication for more than 3 months then you can apply.
NHS prescription costs
- current prescription charge – £9.00 per item (£17.60 per pair of elastic hosiery)
- three-month PPC – £29.10; this will save you money if you need more than three prescribed items in three months
- 12-month PPC – £104.00; this will save you money if you need more than 12 prescribed items in a year
PPCs are available by 10 monthly direct debit instalment payments. The certificates allow anyone to obtain all the prescriptions they need for £2 a week.
Find out more about the prescription prepayment certificate.
If you need to access the services below, the medicines you’re prescribed are free:
- medicines administered at a hospital or an NHS urgent treatment centre
- prescribed contraceptives
- medicines personally administered by a GP
- medicines supplied at a hospital or clinical commissioning group (CCG) clinic for the treatment of a sexually transmitted infection, tuberculosis, or a mental disorder for those subject to a supervised community treatment order
Our prescription line is open between 2-4pm every day, however to reduce telephone waiting time you may wish to consider registering for our online access service whereby you can request your repeat medication electronically and reduce time taken coming into the practice.
Please Note: New Silksworth Medical Practice do not have a dedicated prescription line.
You can request your prescription electronically through online access service.
Online appointment booking
Order or view repeat prescriptions online
Online access to view your record
You must be registered with your GP’s online service to access the facilities.
Find Your Registered Practice
Sunderland GP Alliance