NHS Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group’s (CCG) vision is to achieve ‘Better Health for Sunderland’. They aim to improve the health and wellbeing of local people so they live longer with a better quality of life.
They want to give people the right support to help them stay healthy and well. The Better Health Roadshows will welcome people from around the city for five consecutive Saturdays, from 26 October to 23 November. The roadshow promotes better health for life across the entire community.
There are lots of things people can do to support their own health and wellbeing and the Better Health Roadshows will be out and about across Sunderland to share tips and information.
These free events will be running at the
below locations between 10am and 3pm on the following Saturdays:
26th October at Tesco, Roker Retail Park, Newcastle Road, Sunderland, SR6 0DA
2nd November at Bede Tower, Burdon Road, Sunderland, SR2 7DZ
9th November at Houghton Sports and Wellness Centre, Houghton Le Spring, DH4 5AH
16th November at Arts Centre Washington, Biddick Lane, Washington, NE38 8AB
23rd November at City Centre, Park Lane (Look out for the Melissa Bus)
Everyone is welcome to attend any of the free, fun family roadshows. The events are drop in, so there is no need to register.
There’s a range of activities that everyone can benefit from, including:
CPR demonstrations and community defibrillator training from the North East Ambulance Service
- Exercise demonstrations by Everyone Active, showing you ways to easily incorporate stretches and exercises into your everyday life
- Find out more about what’s really in the food you and your family eat, with Change4Life Sunderland
- Learn how Pilates can improve posture, muscle tone, balance and joint mobility, as well as relieve stress and tension
- Do you suffer from anxious thoughts? Learn how mindfulness can improve your mental wellbeing
- Discover how massage is not just an indulgence, but good for physical and mental wellbeing
- Free health checks, including weight, height and BMI calculations
- How well are you washing your hands? Take our UV light test to find out
- Take part in our challenge to see how far you can ride our smoothie-making bike
As well as all this, there’ll be the chance to win free activity passes from Everyone Active! More information can be found on our website https://www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk/